Last week I asked for Navy’s biggest win since 2003. 174 of you voted, and the predictably resounding winner was the 2007 Notre Dame game, with 123 votes. I tried to make my case for 2003 Air Force, but I failed to sway the steely-eyed and uncompromising jury of Birddog readers.
This week, we give out the People’s Choice award for MVP of the Air Force game. Do you vote for a playmaker or a workhorse? The candidates:
- Jarod Bryant: 24 carries, 101 yards, and a touchdown.
- Eric Kettani: 75 of the toughest yards you’ll ever see.
- Greg Shinego: Blocked punt #1, setting the tone for the game.
- Blake Carter: Returned the first blocked punt for a TD and blocked a punt of his own. He sat at my table at the bowl luncheon in Charlotte. Naturally, I take credit for his performance.
- Matt Harmon: As far as we know, there’s no rule against laser-guided footballs.
- Nate Frazier: General beastliness.
Make your case!